Get ready for the circular green transition
Circular Economy has become one of the leading pathways to achieving a more sustainable future. Especially in business we have the opportunity to change processes, materials and habits. But achieving circularity requires a holistic transformation. It affects business processes and models, and ultimately entire ecosystems.
Studio Nima accompanies organizations on their journey towards a Circular Economy. We help explore and recognize opportunities, provide know-how in the field of circular economy, build ties with innovators across various sectors and support the implementation of circular pilots and projects.
CIRCULAR ECONOMY CAPACITY BUILDING
Our Capacity Building services draw from hands-on experience and a large network of circular innovators to provide both an overview and deep-dives into circular technologies, business models, hurdles, concrete solutions and players at the forefront of the circular transition. The Capacity Building Formats that we offer include our 1-day Transition Acceleration Workshop and Customized Circular Economy Formats such as Master Classes or Train-the-Trainer Programs.
CIRCULAR ECONOMY TRANSITION WORKSHOP
1-day workshop to gather up-to-date know-how on Circular Economy, promote an innovative circular mindset and identify first levers for a circular transformation.
Representatives of companies (e.g. sustainability managers, product designers & engineers, or innovation managers), as well as other stakeholders who want to build CE knowledge.
- Deep-dive modules or specific focus topics possible (e.g. packaging, circular IT-infrastructure, material design)
- Optional: Tandem Workshop with corporate or other partners to join forces along the value chain and create synergies
CUSTOMIZED CIRCULAR ECONOMY FORMATS
Capacity Building Formats providing CE know-how tailored to specific customer needs. These can be realized in individual workshops or a series of trainings (e.g. Master Classes) that provide deeper CE know-how over several weeks.
Designated organizational representatives that seek to establish solid CE know-how and a transformative mindset in order to lead their organization in its transformation towards circularity.
- Definition of tailored capacity building format according to customer needs
- Development and roll-out of program that conveys deeper know-how through specific sessions, identification of suitable partners, support for project development, as well as consultation from experts from our network
CIRCULAR ECONOMY TRANSITION SUPPORT
To boost organizations’ transition towards circularity, Studio Nima offers hands-on transformation support. We accompany the development and implementation of solutions and projects through conceptual and operational support. This includes, among others, transformation pilots, or comprehensive Circular Economy Transition Programs from roadmap and project design, to support in prototyping processes, business modeling and partnership development.
Development and implementation support for Pilot Projects that enable the testing of circular solutions and their ability to scale.
Companies or organizations who want to work on scalable circular solutions – on their own or with partners such as circular innovators or start-ups.
We support the proof of concept through feasibility studies, help find suitable partners for joint circular pilot projects and accompany the creation of implementation and scaling plans.
3-6 months programs that aim to bring a variety of ecosystem players together as cohorts along a joint impact journey.
The program is envisioned as a training for employees (part-time involvement) of various organizations who join forces as cohorts for the program duration.
Know-how transfer and training sessions with experts, peer-to-peer mentoring & dedicated networking opportunities. Development or refinement of circular transition plans, identification of synergies between participants, advancement of circular business models and roadmaps.
WHY GO CIRCULAR?
There are many reasons for a transition to a circular economy.
From a business perspective, they include among others:
Supply Chain Security
- Linear procurement systems expose companies to risks, including higher resource prices and volatility as well as supply disruptions
- Circular procurement seeks to decouple revenue from material input
- At EU level, transitioning to a circular economy yields a net material cost saving opportunity of USD 340 to 630 billion p.a.
- For companies, circularity is a long-term decision. If well-planned, measures that design out waste, set recollection incentives or make product disassembly and recycling easier, will pay off in the long run
NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Putting dedicated thinking into circular approaches often results in business model innovation and the unlocking of new revenue streams. Companies increasingly move in this direction, e.g. through internal accelerator programmes
Amplified Value Creation
- While our current linear economy leaks value throughout the value chain (e.g. waste), circular approaches seek to extend the phases of product life and capture value as to keep it in the system
- Circular economy business models also tend to benefit different market participants, including local providers and organizations with environmental or social objectives
- “Mainstreaming” of circular economy has begun. The Circular Economy Action Plan, for instance, is an important element of the EU Commission’s Green Deal
- National legislations that enforce circular requirements are to be expected in the next few years
Sources: Ellen MacArthur Foundation, Planetly, Accenture, McKinsey